~seizure FREE me~

~seizure FREE me~

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Almost 10 years now!

It's been almost 10 years now since Atty's had any seizures. He's doing really well. We are dealing with a different health crisis in the form of a small tumor growing on his forehead. We believe it is linked to the NF1 we've always felt certain he has (his birthmother has it). It has never been officially diagnosed, as he didn't have quite enough signs at the time that I last took him in about it,  so it has been a struggle getting him any help. We've been on a waiting list to Children's genetics department for over a year now since discovering the tumor and taking him to his regular doctor. We recently got a date set to go in after calling them once again to check on where he was on the waiting list. In February of this year we will hopefully have some more answers. He's not in any pain so that's good. Fairly soon after I realized we were dealing with a tumor we decided to go back onto a grain free diet, something a little closer to GAPS but not quite. The tumor hasn't grown since so that's good. Over all Atty's health has been wonderful! Not a single cavity, no health issues other than the mentioned tumor, fairly active although he tires quicker than my other kiddos, happy, curious, always learning. He is very skinny with poor muscle tone. I'm not sure if the skinny part is just his turning from boy to teenager or if there is more to it but it's not unhealthy and his doctor doesn't seem worried about it. He's starting to go through hormonal changes as he nears 13 and I do worry that seizures might come back or that NF1 tumors might start growing at a rapid rate. I've done lots of research on NF1 and it's hard not to feel really worried and overwhelmed by it all. But as I've learned it's best to try and take it one day at a time and not get to caught up in the what ifs. Overall I'm so thankful for the last 10 seizure free years!!!

No comments: